Ari Novak is an ice climber and mountaineer based out of Bozeman, Montana. Novak’s love of ice and rock climbing has led him to establish ﬁrst ascents around the country and around the world. In 2019 Novak and his team established the hardest water ice line in the Indian Himalaya, “Snow Leopard” HW7 150m. In Montana, Novak established “White Tara” along with Conrad Anker who describes the route as “one of the best rock routes in the State” In Alaska, Novak has explored some of the most remote reaches of the Matanuska glacier as featured in National Geographic. Novak’s number one passion is sharing climbing through teaching ice climbing technique to enable others to enjoy the mountains as safely as possible. Novak is a regular instructor at the Ouray and Michigan Ice Festival. In addition to ice climbing Ari enjoys ski mountaineering and all things winter.
1. Teaching hundreds of people to climb ice safely and enjoy it!
2. The First Ascent of Snow Leopard, the hardest water ice line in the Indian Himalaya
3. Mentoring youth climbers at the Picture Rocks Climbing Academy
4. Establishing a safe crag and new safety standards for indigenous climbers of the Indian Himalaya in the Spiti Valley.
5. Always remembering that not coming home, is not an option, no matter how cool a climb looks.
Banner photo: © Austin Schmitz
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO