Hometown: Yarker, Ontario. Canada
Running trails in the Canadian Wilderness is my passion. Not just established routes, but mostly exploring unmarked trails, following deer tracks, bushwhacking and running frozen backcountry lakes in the winter. I am happiest after returning from this type of run totally exhausted with a massive smile on my face. La Sportiva footwear and clothing has enabled me to successfully and comfortably run in the most challenging trails and conditions possible.
1. Completing an unsupported traverse of running the Akshayuk Pass on Baffin Island in the Canadian North…and yes, I saw 3 polar bears in the wild.
2. Having run every day since December 25, 1989.
3. Completing the Yukon Arctic Ultra twice, including a second place finish, and the 3rd fastest 100-mile time ever run on the course.
4. Winning the Haliburton Forest 100 miler in my first 100-mile attempt, and then running the second fastest time ever the following year.
5. Building a running adventure business where I can share my passion for trail running through coaching and race directing, and seeing others meet and exceed their goals
10 bpm lower than my age
Bio and banner photos: © Rob Whelan
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO