I view climbing as a cumulative process. Through the ups and downs of seasons and achievements, I strive to continually learn, to become a better climber, and to enjoy the journey.
My formative climbing years were spent working as a climbing ranger in Yosemite National Park. In those years I built a base in granite trickery and big wall climbing. I’ve always pursued the title of “all-arounder” and am proud to have redpointed 5.14, bouldered V12, and climbed remote 5.13 adventure routes.
Climbing has taken me around the world in search of first ascents in Venezuela, Kenya, and Kyrgyzstan but I’m equally excited to explore my back yard – currently basing out of Bishop, CA and working as a photographer.
I’m grateful to climbing for amplifying my passion for the natural world, introducing me to a community that supports and challenges me, and strengthening my connection between body and mind.
1. FA of Top Gun (13d/14a) 30 year old project in Tuolumne Meadows
2. FA New Leaf (5.13d) trad Cookie Cliff, Yosemite
3. FFA American Way (VI, 5.13a) Pik Slesova, Kygryzstan
4. 3 rd Ascent of The Almighty (5.14a) mixed, Teton Canyon, Idaho
5. FFA Mr. Midwest (V, 5.13) El Capitan, Yosemite
Photos by ®Drew Smith
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO