Heidi Wirtz , aka Heidi Almighty, is one of the countries few premier female adventure climbers. She has been climbing for over twenty years letting her passion for adventure and exploration lead her to places such as Nepal, Morocco, Jordan, Siberia, Tasmania, Czech Republic, Easter Europe, Pakistan, South America and Canada (just to name a few) where she has pioneered new routes up unclimbed big walls and mountains and pushed the limits of female exploration.
She is known in the United States as Heidi Almighty for her bold and technical climbing as well as for her speed ascents in Yosemite Valley. Heidi is also well known for her philanthropic work as well as for her passion for yoga. She is co- founder of Girls Education International, an organization that helps bring education to women and girls in underserved areas throughout the world. She also founded Earth Play Retreats, an adventure yoga retreat offering that combines her passions of outdoor adventure, travel and yoga into amazing trips around the world. Heidi hopes to continue to work with people in need and help to inspire and empower people of all walks to find a deeper awareness and to follow their heart.
1. Putting up the first ascent "Bad Hair Day" / the first free ascent of the South Howser Minaret in the Bugaboos
2. Held women’s speed record 10+ years on "The Nose," El Capitan, Yosemite, CA
3. Getting certified as an AMGA Rock Guide
4. “Dar al’Salaam” (FA) Wadi Rum, Jordan (IV 5.13a, 320 meters)
5. “Losar” (First one day female ascent) Khumbu Valley, Nepal (IV WI5)
Header Photo by ®Dale Remsberg
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO