One of my life goals is to enjoy each moment as much as possible. So I live a random lifestyle. Gypsy moth hunter, turtle chaser, chipmunk saver, pretend mountain goat and philosopher to youth are few of my activities. I started running in high school 28 years ago and I'm still running. I have always enjoyed the exploration of pushing my body to it's limit. Taking my running into the mountains took my explorations to a whole different place. The grind of pushing the pace up steep terrain, learning to let myself run free back down, those experiences began to definite how I viewed myself and taught me how to truly live. Wild and free. Being alive is a risk and I strive to be much at risk.
Life is an absurd adventure. I fear that most people use up most of this adventure waiting; waiting for a better time, different circumstances, friends, or whatever to be just right. Take the risk of being wholly alive right now, with no waiting, and live an absurd life.
1. Coaching youth to discover their best self in running and life
2. Being on the USA Long Distance Mountain team that won a Silver medal at Jungfrau Marathon in Switzerland, 2012
3. Eleven 3rd place finishes at USA Trail and Ultra Championships, ranging in distance from 10km to 100km
4. Two time winner of Mountain Mitchell Challenge
5. La Sportiva Mountain Cup Placings; 3rd Place: 2009 & 2010 - 4th Place: 2011, 2014 & 2015 - 5th Place: 2012
6. Living an absurd life
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO