I got my start in climbing relatively late at age 32, having dreamt of climbing since I was a little kid I dove in headfirst and committed to learning to climb trad in the pursuit of big adventure routes. Since then, employment, opportunity and injuries have led me on a maze of different styles and commitment levels ending with my current pursuit of climbing trad and sandstone full time all over the world. I’m naturally drawn to crack and offwidth climbing, my hardest sends being in the offwidth style, but I push myself in all disciplines with the goal of not only getting stronger but continuing to challenge myself outside my comfort zone. I’m currently loosely based out of the Czech Republic and the western US but on any given day the home crag is wherever I’m camped at.
1. Choosing an unconventional life of climbing and travel in pursuit of childhood dreams.
2. Sending the China project, Bùyào Ròu, on the last day of the second trip over there after months of training and obsessing.
3. Staying committed to climbing and regaining the confidence to push myself on gear leads after rehabbing through two consecutive reconstructive knee surgeries.
4. Sending Worm Drive in Vedauwoo, a climb I once thought was impossible for me because of the size.
5. Onsiting a crack route on a rack of only knotted ropes and textiles after 3 days of climbing in the Czech Republic. It redefined trad climbing for me.
+5.5 inches, height 5’3”
Photos by ®Alex Resh
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO