I spent most of my life close to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, and more recently the Wasatch and Uintah Ranges in Utah. Climbing came to me as something to do after I got laid off from my first job out of college in 2008, but is now a crucial part of my life. My favorite climbing is close to home, and I am lucky to call areas such as American Fork, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Joe's Valley, and St. George my "home" crags.
1. Sending my first project, the Monkey Traverse at Flagstaff Mountain, v4/5.12, after 3 months of effort, in 80 degrees in direct sun, and not getting bit by a rattlesnake.
2. Redpointing my first 14a, Close Quarters Combat, Maple Canyon
3. Dead Souls 14a, American Fork Canyon
4. Riddles in the Dark v10, Rocky Mountain National Park
5. Une Pointe de Bleau v11, Hueco Tanks
Bio photo: © Savannah Cummins | Banner photo: © Karissa L. Frye
ON THE BLOG:
I recognized their fear and timidness and matched it with confidence, instruction and encouragement.....Read More
As the sport continues to surge, the need for all climbers to evaluate their impact is huge right now...Read More
Lauren Callaway shares her most recent experience at the Font and some helpful tips for those who are...Read More
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO