Silke lives in Boulder, Colorado with her husband and La Sportiva Mountain Running teammate, Ryan Smith. She has been running ultras since 2008 and co-founded the local running club, the Rocky Mountain Runners, in 2013. Silke works full-time in the educational non-profit world, enjoys baking bread and embarking on overly ambitious DIY home remodeling projects. She is also a novice beekeeper.
1. Finishing my first marathon, the NYC Marathon, in 2006
2. Supporting Ryan in his 9th place UTMB finish in 2015
3. Two Top 10 finishes at the Pikes Peak Ascent
4. Earning the WS100 silver buckle, my first 100 miler, in 2014
5. The finish line of every race!