Steve grew up climbing and skiing with his family in the modest but wild mountains of eastern Oregon and life hasn’t changed that much. Except now he’s the father of two boys, who, sadly, are still too light to belay him. Steve stays motivated for training and local climbing around his home in Ridgway Colorado by doing an expedition somewhere different every year. His first LaSportiva shoe was a pair of Mariachers bought at the ice-cream-shop-turned-climbing-shop at Smith Rock in 1988 and he still regrets that he didn’t go down a size!
1. Coming back alive every time, still priority #1.
2. Being a husband and father.
3. Climbing the Rupal Face of Nanga Parbat, alpine-style, in six days.
4. Soloing a new route on K7 in Pakistan after seven attempts in two years.
5. Climbing the North Face of North Twin in winter conditions for the 3rd overall ascent of the wall.
Bio Photo: ©Steve House | Banner photo: ©Nikki Smith
Video review from La Sportiva athlete Steve House of the G2 SM boot, ideal for ice and mixed climbing...Read More
Mountain runner Luke Nelson points to key differences between commitment and discipline in training.....Read More
Alpinism demands training a wide range of skills: rock climbing, ice climbing and above all—endurance...Read More
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO