• The La Sportiva North America headquarters, in Boulder, Colorado, operates a zero-waste facility with the cooperation of EcoCycle, the regional recycling and sustainability agency.
• The LNA facilities are powered by wind power via Renewable Choice Energy
• The headquarters and factory in Ziano di Fiemme, Italy, uses 100% renewable energy and when under-consuming puts energy back into the grid.
• In 2012, Italy installed a Photovoltaic system + heat pump for heating and air-conditioning. • The factory uses a closed industrial process for washing, rinsing and drying of rubber saving around 70 cubic meters of water per year.
• The factory installed an air treatment system, in 2011, which brings La Sportiva into accordance with parameters fixed from Legislative Decree 152/2006 and by using Activated Carbon Filters they are able to filter all of the air within the factory (including cleaning up any volatile substances) prior to it being released into the atmosphere.
• La Sportiva operates with EOCA (European Outdoor Conservation Association) for the partnership on various projects that have a goal of preservation and re-establishment of the environment. 50% of rubber sole material waste is re-used in other processes, such as a local park ground covering and synthetic greenery.
• Each year, LNA staff contributes 400+ hours of volunteer time to conservation projects, including stewardship of our local bouldering area (Flagstaff Mountain Adopt-a-Road) and Backyard Collective events
• La Sportiva North America issues Eco-Passes to staff at no charge to encourage public transportation use.
• The La Sportiva Apparel Collection is proud to support 1% For The Planet
• La Sportiva apparel is on track for all synthetics to be PFC-free by 2019 (pending advances by Gore re: DWR treatments).
• Our Bluesign® membership assures sustainable supply chain and manufacturing processes related to apparel textiles.
• Organic cotton is the primary textile for our natural fiber garments
• LNA supports Soles for Souls, a non-profit that repurposes used footwear for those in need and keeps thousands of pairs of usable but unsellable shoes out of the waste stream
• Mythos Eco – 95% sustainably manufactured with biodegradable leather uppers, recycled nylon components and our exclusive Eco-rubber, which diverts waste rubber back into useable material.
• Cobra Eco – 85% sustainably manufactured with biodegradable leather uppers, recycled nylon components and our exclusive Eco-rubber, which diverts waste rubber back into useable material
LA SPORTIVA N.A. proudly supports the following organizations:
• 1% For The Planet
• Access Fund
• American Alpine Club
• American Hiking Society
• American Mountain Guides Association
• Appalachian Trail Conservancy
• Big City Mountaineers
• Camber Outdoors
• The Conservation Alliance
• Outdoor Industry Association
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO