I started running at the age of 21, back in Germany with the goal of finishing a marathon. I did so and after just 3 months of running finished with a time of 2:56. Here we are 30 years later, now living in the USA since 1997, still running, longer and more hills these days but not planning on slowing down.
Besides running I love trekking/mountaineering with my now 14 and 16-year-old boys and we have been to many amazing places in the Sierra Nevada, European Alps, Colorado Rockies, Tahoe Basin and as far as Nepal, Tanzania, Russia, and Ecuador. As far as work I am lucky to have a fun job as creative director working mostly in the wine industry creating brands and helping existing brands succeed.
1. Having two amazing boys that do amazing stuff
2. Two-time member of the German National Team Trail Ultra at World Championships
3. Course record holder Tahoe Rimtrail 50mile
4. 50k and 50mile PR’s (50km 3:12:32, 50 miles 5:56:17)
5. 2011 RRCA National Champion Masters 100 Mile Trail
6. USATF 50k Track National Age Group Record Holder (50-54)
Headshot: © Kraftwerk Design | Banner: © Luis Escobar
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO