Brette was born in Lake Tahoe, California, but now lives on the west coast of British Columbia and spends a good portion of her time on expeditions. Brette’s climbing stems from her love for the mountains. She has been persuing her dreams by climbing remote big walls and developing new lines. She has established first ascents in Canada, the United States, and Patagonia. It is both the adventure and creativity that continue to drive her to climb these mountains. She aims to combine her climbing skills to develop ever more difficult and desirable lines.
1. First ascent of The Northwest Turret of Great Sail Peak, 13a A2, Baffin island, 1100m
2. First Free Solo of Chiaro Di Luna, 11a, 750m, El Chaltén Patagonia
3. First Ascent of The Chinese Puzzle Wall via Hidden Dragon 12b, 500m, Chilliwack River Valley, BC
4. First Ascent of Auroraphobia 13b A0, 300m, Wiaparous River Valley, Alberta
5. The Muir Wall via The Shaft 13c VI, El Capitan, Yosemite Valley, CA
Bio and Banner photos: © Drew Smith