I find my love of the mountains a bit funny as I grew up in Davis, one of the flattest parts of the central valley of CA. I got obsessed with outdoor climbing as soon as I tried it a couple months after I started climbing at Rocknasium in 2008. I feel happy and free when I'm exploring new areas, looking for new boulders, and dreaming up undone lines. My progression obsession stems from the impossibly wonderful hope of being able to climb everything that inspires me. Most of all, climbing gets me psyched to make the most of each day and try my best!
1. Always working towards what inspires me, and growing as a person - the forever endeavor!
2. New highball boulders in Yosemite: "Zephyr" (V12), "Stones Throw" (V13), "Winged Tiger" (V11), and "Armistice" (V12).
3. First ascent of "Terminus" (V12) in Bishop, CA (story here).
4. Helping develop in New Mexico, especially the highballs "Hokusai's Wave" (V12) and "Crowne Plaza" (V12) (video here).
5. The Nest (V15) Red Rocks, NV.
Bio and banner photos: © Kevin Smith
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS,
NEWS & TIPS AND ALSO BE ENTERED TO